Board Member Opportunity
Frieda Garcia is seeking an additional board member for our park. If you are a Back Bay or South End resident who makes use of the Frieda Garcia Park, please read more below for details of this role.
Frieda Garcia Park Recreation Co Programmer
About Frieda Garcia Park
Frieda Garcia Park is located in Downtown Boston at the confluence of the Back Bay and South End neighborhoods. The quarter acre site is located on the corner of Clarendon Street and Stanhope Street, across from Flour Café and the Back Bay Station.
The park was named after Frieda Garcia, a longtime community activist and leader in the South End and Roxbury communities.
The mission of the Frieda Garcia Park is to care for the park and to provide programming that welcomes children and residents of the rich, diverse backgrounds of Boston’s neighborhoods.
Summary of Role
The Friends of Frieda Garcia Park is seeking applicants to join our board as a Park co-Programmer for event programming at the park. Please note, this is a volunteer position.
This position, working together with another park programmer, will be responsible for the development, planning and execution of children’s events and programs at the park. This position will also be responsible for growing our Facebook following and maintaining a digital social presence.
Board Member Responsibilities
- Attending quarterly Board meetings
- Allocating approximately 1 hour per month of time, in addition to meeting hours and programming hours, to board responsibilities
- Reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings and being punctual and prepared
- Partnering with other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
- Serving on committees or task forces, being self-directed, and completing special assignments as agreed upon by the Board
- Representing Frieda Garcia Park to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensuring Frieda Garcia Park board members reflect and support the communities we serve
Ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Back Bay or South End resident who makes use of and cares about the Frieda Garcia Park
- Facebook savviness (ability to grow our following and engage digitally with other local organizations)
- Capacity and willingness to collaborate in the coordination, promotion and implementation of programs
- Ability to work with outside stakeholders and class instructors, and represent the park in a positive light
For more information or to inquire about this position:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org